R7 055.00 / Sharing Per Night
R10 385.00 / Single Per Night
TBA / Child
One of the first private concessions in the Kruger National Park, is the Mluwati and has worked tirelessly to ensure the sustainability of this pristine wilderness that for over 100 years, becoming the a sanctuary for over 114 reptiles, 34 amphibians and 147 mammal species, including Africa’s Big Five
Keen birders will enjoy in the abundance of bird species that call Kruger home. With Over 500 species, in fact many of which occur in the Mluwati Concession including the, Marshall Eagle, Yellow-billed Hornbill, Crested Barbet and Burchell’s Glossy Starling.
During your stay at During your stay at Hamiltons Tented Camp, you will experience a morning and evening game drive, the terrapins playing in river pools, the call of the Woodlands fingfisher and steady croaking of the frogs.
Savour the smells of the bush, hear the shrill calls of the Shrikes and see the wind blowing through the savannah plains.
All game drives with your guide, at Hamiltons will reveal new scents, sites and curious sounds and of the African landscape to delight your senses.
Safaris drives are conducted in open 4×4 Land Cruisers to give you that sense of freedom but yet with safety in mind. All guided Safaris are led by qualified field guides to help you understand the smaller and larger intricacies of the bush. Game viewing is not just about the big and scary animals out there.
- Butlers on call
- Six luxury private tents on raised teak decks
- Set on the banks of the Nwaswitsontso River
- Separate bath and outside shower
- Located within the iconic Kruger National Park
- Children under the age of eight not permitted
- 19th century nostalgic decor
Guests are accommodated in six exceptionally private luxury elevated tents overlooking the Nwaswitsontso River. From your own private deck, you can enjoy the sights and sounds of the bush that derives its existence from the river.
Traditional fittings and features such as old brass light switches, steamer trunks with vintage labels revealing exciting journeys and sepia-stained photographs enhance the tradition and style of this ‘turn-of-the-century’ luxury safari tent; modern comforts such as electricity, air conditioning and an outdoor shower the only clues that we live in a different time.
The décor is light and neutral; teak furniture and floors, gilded mirrors and crisp white linens deliver a classy luxury tent experience enhanced by the panoramic bush and river views that begin at the edge of the deck.
All our morning and afternoon Safaris are conducted in open Land Cruisers to give you that sense of freedom but yet with safety in mind. All guided Safaris are led by qualified field guides to help you understand the smaller intricacies of the bush. Game viewing is not just about the big and scary animals out there.
- Depart from OR Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg
- Take the R21 highway North towards Pretoria
- Before reaching Pretoria, take the N4 highway East
- Turnoff at Belfast, take the R540 towards Dullstroom (approximately 37km)
- At Dullstroom, take the R540 towards Lydenburg (approximately 43km)
- At Lydenburg, take the R36 towards Ohrigstad (approximately 62km)
- At Ohrigstad, take the R527 towards Hoedspruit (Note: You will pass through the JG Strijdom Tunnel)
- 16km before Hoedspruit, at the Swadini Reptile Centre, turn right onto the R531 towards Klaserie
- After about 30km, turn left onto the Orpen Gate Road (R531)
- After 40km you will reach the Orpen Gate of the Kruger National Park
Orpen Gate Entry:
- After entering the Orpen Gate travel for 22km on the H7.
- Turn right on the S36 where you will see the signpost marked Imbali, Hamiltons, Hoyo-Hoyo with the exact distances.
- After about 28km turn right into the signposted for Hamiltons Tented Camp.
Paul Kruger Gate Entry (95km from the Paul Kruger Gate):
- Enter Paul Kruger Gate
- Proceed toward Skukuza
- From Skukuza take the H1-2 towards Satara (32km)
- Turn left S36 (Dirt Road) signs will read Imbali Safari Lodge/Hoyo Hoyo Safari Lodge/Hamiltons Tented Camp.
- Continue on the road about 39km. Continue straight through no entry sign and follow signs to Hamiltons.